Commissioning a piece is a simple process offering the highest level of unique personalisation. Commissions make superb gifts or family treasures for year to come. Tony is happy to answer any questions you many have, although the most common are below.
- The Basics | Tony works predominantly from high resolution photos provided by clients. The quality of the images will impact greatly on the final portrait quality & supplied images should be at least 1MB in size, with additional close-ups required for detail.
- Design | Tony will discuss your your ideas & preferences, before finalising the best design, size & background.
- Progress | You will receive regular emailed images of your work in progress & your feedback is important throughout this process.
- Payment | 10% deposit is required on all larger paintings. Final payment is made when you are completely satisfied. Paypal, Online Bank Transfer, Certified Cheques, Money Orders & Postal Orders are all accepted.
- Shipping | Shipping is worldwide. Please discuss this with Tony as prices vary hugely depending on the size of piece you choose & its destination. Shipping costs are calculated separately & are paid by the client.
How does the commission process work? |
- A4 | €300 - Ideal for close up head shot & can be mounted in a 20x16" white mount for an additional €30.
- A3 | €450 - A3 sheet or 22"x15" & ideal for two images. Mounting is an additional €40.
How much is a commission of a graphite drawing? |
- 60x60cm | €1000 - Original oil on linen or canvas. Ideal for close up horse or dog head.
- 30x40" | €2300 - Well suited for close up of horse/obscure angle/more than one horse.
- 36x48" | €3800 - Large canvas giving a greater range of content options.
- 72x48" | €5500 - This is a very large canvas with virtually endless possibilites.
How much is a commission of an original oil painting? |
If you have any questions about the process or if you would like to enquire about commissioning a piece, for yourself or for that special someone's big event, please contact Tony via the link below. Waiting lists tend to be lengthy so getting in touch sooner rather than later is advisable! The above rates are for 2014 bookings and are subject to change.